The 2018 Midlands Sportive with Squire Patton Boggs, one of the world’s strongest integrated law firms, providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet.
TIMINGS FOR THE DAY
- 09:00 AM - Registration & Breakfast
Halesowen Cycling Club, Manor Abbey Stadium, Manor Way, Halesowen, B62 8RW
(Please register with the Squire Patton Boggs team when you arrive)
- 10:00 AM - Safety Briefing
- 10:15 AM - Long route riders set off
- 10:25 AM - Medium route riders set off
- 10.35 AM - Short route riders set off
- FEED STATION (all routes) - Stock and Bradley Village Hall
- 15:30 PM (approx) - Post Ride Refuel
At the HQ - Halesowen Cycling Club. The bar will of course be open too!
(Please make Squire Patton Boggs aware of any dietary requirements if you have not already done so).
GETTING TO HALESOWEN CYCLING CLUB
- Address: Halesowen Cycling Club, Manor Abbey Stadium, Manor Way, Halesowen, B62 8RW
- Sufficient parking is available on site. There will be a key storage facility if you do not wish to carry your car keys on the ride.
- If you prefer to travel by train, the venue is approximately a 15 minute cycle from Old Hill Train Station. Please check with your rail provider regarding their cycle policies.
- Your "pride and joy" can be left in the bike racks provided by Haute Rouleurs on arrival. The area will be clearly signposted and fully supervised whilst you register and enjoy breakfast.
There is a choice of 3 routes for the Squire Patton Boggs Ride, the longer route and the shorter route, which can be downloaded to your GPS device:
The aim is to enhance networking opportunities on the ride by staying together in groups. For the competitive riders, there will be a number of challenges during the ride. Details and Strava segment locations will be revealed during the pre-ride briefing.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU UPLOAD YOUR TIMED SEGMENTS TO STRAVA BEFORE 9PM ON FRIDAY 18TH MAY - https://www.strava.com/clubs/309712/group_events/315099?new=true
ON THE ROAD
In the event of a serious mechanical issue, the Haute Rouleurs team will be on call. They can’t be everywhere so do bring your own multi-tool, spare inner tube, tyre levers, pump etc. for any minor issues or punctures.
- Water bottle(s)
- Pump/CO2 canister
- Helmet (mandatory, for insurance purposes)
- Spare inner tubes
- Multi-tool, tyre levers
- Sunscreen and sunglasses (you never know!)
- Your bike of course…
CONTACT NUMBERS FOR THE DAY
- Haute Rouleurs Support: Jake Ragan - 07891 538 421
- SPB Team: Loren Cross - 07545 110 739 and Holly Bird - 07921 600 351
Use #SPBSportive when tweeting throughout the day!